The Institute has a separate library with a collection of text and reference books, magazines and journals and CD-ROMs etc. All the circulation services are computerized. Open Access system is being followed in the library.
Week days (Monday to Friday): 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
The library will remain closed during Saturdays, Sundays and Government holidays.
All the students / staff members are given an identity card bearing their bar-coded roll number / identity number. Every faculty and student is eligible to borrow five and two books at a time respectively. Books will be issued only on the presentation of identity cards. Books on dues should be returned on or before the due date.
If a book is not returned on the due date by the students, an overdue of Re.0.25 per book per day will be levied. A book may be renewed for a further period of 15 days, provided no other student/staff has reserved for the book in the meantime. A book will not be renewed for more than two times.
Faculty members are allowed to use the CIT library also. After obtaining special permission, the students can also make use of the CIT library.
With a view to help the poor and deserving students, a Book Bank has been functioning in the Institute since 1976. It has a collection of 700 text books. Student can get a book at the beginning of the academic year. on submission of application in the prescribed form The loan period is maximum one year.
An exclusive Book Bank with a collection of 703 books was established in 1980 with a view to help the SC/ST students. Two or three books depending on the availability will be lent to each student. The maximum loan period is one academic year.
OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) facilitates online search related to books, book bank books, journals, CD/DVDs, back volumes and standards available in the library. Users can also reserve the books which are under issue.Users can log-in the OPAC by using their Bar-coded ID/Roll number in the Member ID and Password columns. Users can change the password, if desired. OPAC can be accessed in all the intranet connected systems within the campus. Link : http://192.168.13.100:8080/AutoLib
Staff and students can access the e-journals subscribed by the CIT library after getting prior permission from the Librarian of CIT. These e-journals can be accessed anywhere within our campus.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
* Complete silence is to be observed in the library.
* Usage of cell phone is totally prohibited inside the library.
* Users must keep their belongings at the \"Property Counter\" before entering the library. However they are advised not to leave valuables like mobile, calculator, purse etc.
* Users must register their record their Roll No/ID No in the gate register kept at the entrance while entry / exit to record to record their visit to the library.
* Users have to produce their bar-coded membership card to the library staff on demand.
* Users should leave the books and journals on the table after reading.
* Misplacement of books in the different shelves is punishable.
* Underlining, scribbling and / or tearing of pages or any other type of mutilation of books and journals, mishandling or misuse of computers will be punishable.
* If any book / journal is brought out of the library without proper entry, serious action will be taken.
* The competent authority will take necessary action against the users who violate the library systems and services.